Newly installed Harare Mayor Jacob Mafume has produced his 100 day plan laying out ambitions to resuscitate the sunken capital.
Below we reproduce his focus points in the plan:
- More effective service delivery that is affordable, accessible, and at acceptable levels of quality based on the participation of the residents and stakeholders of Harare.
- More open government that is accessible, accountable and transparent in the conduct of City business.
- A residents driven and centred approach to decision making and service provision that places an importance on effective residents participation in Council business.
- More partnerships, co-creation and collaboration with residents and stakeholders to deal with the various city challenges that require multiple efforts to resolve.
- Greater accountability, transparency and integrity of its leadership and processes.
- Greater embrace of new technology and innovation to enhance service delivery and usher Harare into the modern age, creating a smart city.
- Provision of basic modern amenities particularly water reticulation, waste management, public lighting and sewer reticulation.
- Regeneration, repairing, refurbishing and remodeling the City of Harare into a smart city.
- Promotion of a density of housing and cost-efficient transport solutions to meet the needs of the residents